You can have Mexican Casserole using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mexican Casserole
- Prepare 2 pounds of ground beef.
- You need 1 cup of chopped onion.
- You need 1 can of cream of mushroom soup.
- Prepare 1 can of cream of chicken soup.
- You need 1 (4.5 ounce) of can chopped green chili’s.
- You need 1 (10 ounce) of can mild enchilada sauce.
- Prepare 1 jar of taco sauce.
- Prepare 1 pound of shredded cheddar cheese.
step by step Mexican Casserole
- Brown the hamburger meat with onions. Drain off any excess fat. When the meat is done mix in the taco sauce and enchilada sauce and cook on medium heat another 5/6 until heated..
- In a saucepan mix together the cream of chicken and mushroom soups, and green chili’s with one cup of milk (I just fill up one of the soup can full of milk and that’s about a cup). Cook on medium high heat making sure you stir it frequently so it doesn’t stick to the bottom of pan. It doesn’t take long to cook. Maybe 5/6 minutes..
- In a 9x13 baking dish put a small portion of the hamburger mixture on the bottom and spread (this is so the corn tortillas won’t stick to bottom). Then a layer of corn tortillas. Next put a layer of the hamburger mixture. Now put a layer of the soup mixture and spread..
- Next put a layer of shredded cheese. Repeat these layers of corn tortillas, hamburger mixture, soup mixture then cheese. You will probably have enough for 3-4 layer. (I usually do 3 layers).
- Top with shredded cheese and cover with foil. I make sure the foil is a little bubbled so it doesn’t stick to the cheese..
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes with the foil on. Then take the foil off and bake another 10-15 minutes until cheese is slightly browned..
- Let stand 10-15 minutes and enjoy!.