White sauce cheesy chicken casserole. She didn't use measurements so that is off the top of my head. It is creamy, delicious and flavourful. Pasta is tossed with chicken, peppers, onions, and mixed into shortcut cheesy sauce.
This isn't your every day enchiladas. Unlike true authentic versions with enchilada sauce, I mix sour cream, cheese, and cream of chicken soup to make a creamy white sauce. Gooey, cheesy chicken enchiladas stuffed with grilled zucchini in a delicious, creamy sauce. You can cook White sauce cheesy chicken casserole using 14 ingredients and 28 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of White sauce cheesy chicken casserole
- Prepare of For the gravy:.
- You need 3 cups of milk.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of flour.
- You need 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of pepper (ground).
- You need 1/2 tablespoons of salt (or more to taste).
- Prepare of For the chicken:.
- You need 2 of large chicken breast.
- You need 3 cups of water.
- You need of For the rest of the ingredients:.
- You need 1 LB of frozen vegetables (assorted) (like peas and carrots).
- You need 1 LB of sharp cheddar cheese (brick).
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need of Pepper.
Handfuls of sharp Canadian white Cheddar are tucked inside the tortillas and sprinkled on top. The sauce bubbles up seductively in the oven as the cheesy enchiladas turn golden brown with crispy. These White Chicken Enchiladas have the easiest cream sauce you could ever make, super delicious, cheesy, gooey, melt in your mouth enchiladas! Perfect for an easy and quick weeknight meal!
step by step White sauce cheesy chicken casserole
- For the gravy:.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet on medium heat.
- Add 1/4 cup of the flour and stir the butter and flour until lightly combined.
- Add the milk.
- Stir with a whisk for 12 minutes.
- Add the rest of the flour to help thicken.
- Stir (consistently) for another 5 minutes.
- Add pepper and salt.
- (If it is not very thick, add another small handful of flour until thick) (never stop stirring).
- Take off heat once thick.
- For the chicken:.
- Boil water.
- Add chicken to the water and let boil until the chicken is soft, tender, and completely cooked.
- Shred the chicken.
- For the rest:.
- Let the frozen veggies thaw.
- Shred the cheese brick.
- For assemble:.
- Mix together the vegetables, chicken, and gravy.
- Place the gravy mix on the bottom of a 9x13 in glass casserole dish.
- Top the gravy mixture with salt and pepper.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake until cheese is melted!.
- Notes: the cheese must be in a block. It will be better than already shredded cheese..
- It is best to assemble all your ingredients before cooking. This is a quick recipe and will be best if you are not running around looking for ingredients.
- It is best to make the chicken first so that it is ready when you need it!.
Whisk in flour, salt and pepper then slowly pour in chicken broth whisking continuously. Prepare your baking dish and grease it lightly. Lay the chicken in the pan and pour the marinara sauce evenly. Coat the top of the chicken with red pepper flakes, parmesan, and mozzarella. Remove from heat and add shredded chicken, white beans, green chiles.