Healthy banana honey flapjack. As a runner, I am usually always hungry (as is the cycling husband) - that's my excuse - so I have been looking at cheaper healthy alternatives to the snack bars that you buy in the supermarket so that we eat less of the processed stuff and sneak in some more. Healthy Banana Flapjacks - refined sugar free. I know, I know, natural sugars occurring in bananas, honey and.
A healthier alternative to supermarket snack bars and full of energy for busy mums, runners and hungry Banana Raisin Flapjacks- use up over-ripe bananas to make these flapjacks. An easy recipe for after-school snacks or lunchbox treats. Flapjacks look deceptively healthy but they're not really a healthy snack option. You can cook Healthy banana honey flapjack using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Healthy banana honey flapjack
- You need 140 g of rolled oats.
- You need 2 of overripe bananas.
- You need 50 g of butter.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of apple juice.
- You need 3 tbsp of honey.
- Prepare 50 g of dried apricots.
- You need 75 g of raisins.
- Prepare 50 g of dried stoned dates.
Yes oats are good for you but your average flapjack is made with Remember that babies under one shouldn't have honey. Honey can contain a toxin which leads to a disease called infant botulism - so use maple syrup if you. So every year my mum decides to give up sugar for lent, and every year she succeeds. The best flapjacks are gooey, chewy and, above all, simple.
step by step Healthy banana honey flapjack
- Melt butter and honey in a pan..
- Chop and add fruit and apple juice..
- Pour butter mixture over oats and add mashed banana..
- Mix to fully combine, ensuring no dried oats remain..
- Press down with the back on a spoon into a 20x20cm lined baking tin. Use a larger tin for thinner flapjacks or a smaller tin for thicker ones but adjust the cooking times accordingly..
- Bake in a warm oven at 150C for 35-40minutes or until the flapjack is golden and beginning to pull away from the sides of the tin..
- Cool then cut into pieces. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Serve cold as a snack or warm with hot custard for a delicious dessert..
These fruit-filled treats are great to make with children. Healthy Tahini Banana Bread made with whole wheat flour, flaxseed, sesame seeds and naturally sweetened with honey. Low Sugar Low Fat Flapjacks Recipes. Golden Flapjacks With Mango, Sour Cherries And CoconutBBC. This article contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a small amount of money if a reader clicks through and makes a purchase.